Crime and Incident

Fire Alarm
Oct. 17, 2008
at 9:00 a.m.

A West Wing resident called University Police when a fire alarm sounded in the building. The resident needed assistance to leave his room. University Police arrived on the scene and aided the resident. The Pittsburgh Bureau of Fire also arrived and quickly cleared the area.

Noise Complaint
Oct. 18, 2008
at 2:05 a.m.

A Resnik House resident complained of excessive noise coming from a neighboring room on the second floor. University Police arrived on scene, found a small group in the room, and advised them to keep their voices down.

Oct. 19, 2008
at 2:01 p.m.

A Morewood Gardens resident reported his bicycle stolen from the bicycle rack in front of the building. He believed it to have been taken the previous night. The bicycle had been secured with a lock that was cut to remove the bike.

Noise Complaint
Oct. 22, 2008
at 9:37 p.m.

University Police received a call from a Carnegie Mellon student and Beeler House resident that a party at a neighboring house was out of control. University Police notified the Pittsburgh Bureau of Police as it was in their jurisdiction. University Police offered to help but their help was not needed.

Fire Alarm
Oct. 23, 2008
at 2:16 a.m.

A fire alarm sounded on the first floor of the Pi Kappa Alpha house on the Fraternity Quadrangle. The Pittsburgh Bureau of Fire arrived on the scene but found no fire, smoke, or activated detector and determined the alarm to have been a malfunction.

Oct. 23, 2008
at 11:31 p.m.

A Carnegie Mellon student reported his Carnegie Mellon identification card and debit card missing from his bag that he had in a first floor classroom in Doherty Hall. He had been sitting with his bag next to him and had left it unattended. When he came back, both items were missing. They have not yet been found.

Fire Alarm
Oct. 24, 2008
at 11:03 a.m.

A fire alarm sounded in the Mellon Institute. Water had made it into one of the building’s air conditioning units, which created smoke. The Pittsburgh Bureau of Fire arrived on the scene and all the people were ordered out of the building.